Consisting of a large playing deck covered by a roof, the Step2 Naturally Playful Lookout Treehouse play set can also be used as a tree house and has a slide that’s specially designed for use by kids.
This play set is made out of plastic and is very compact, especially when compared to the very large ones that are currently available on the market, which means that you can easily move it around in your back yard and even move it inside your house during winter or bad weather days.
Recommended ages: Kids aged between 18 months to 5 years old.
Maximum Weight Capacity: 75 pounds
- The Step2 Naturally Playful Treehouse is made entirely out of plastic which makes it extremely lightweight. Because of this, you can easily set it up either inside or outside your house.
- It features a really large play deck, that also doubles as a tree house or fort that stands only 19” above the ground, making it really safe for the kids playing on it.
- It comes equipped with a specially designed roof that will keep your kids safe from the elements and the sun while playing in their tree house, outside the house.
- The play deck is also equipped with a periscope that can rotate up to 180 degrees and will provide your kids with many hours of fun and imaginative games.
Putting it together:
Most playground play sets are notorious for being very difficult to assemble and requiring many hours or even days in order to do so. Thankfully, that is not the case with the Step2 Naturally Playful Treehouse.
Since it’s made out of plastic, its pieces are really lightweight and easy to manipulate, which means that you won’t need any help when it comes to carrying and putting them into place.
The assembly process is also really simple and it resembles the assembly of a toy or a model: just follow the instructions and you’ll be finished in 20 minutes or an hour tops. You won’t even have to use any power tools.
Once fully assembled, the play set weighs only 30 pounds.
Common User concerns:
While everyone who has bought the Step2 Naturally Playful Treehouse loved it, some people have a couple of minor complaints to make. First of all, the distance between the play deck and the roof isn’t too great, so older children may have trouble standing up in it. Well, this depends on how tall your child is, but you should keep in mind that kids will be spending their time in the play deck mostly sitting down, so that shouldn’t be that big of a problem. Another solution to this problem is simply removing the roof.
Also, some parents claim that the slide is a bit too steep and fast for younger children to go down unsupervised. This issue can be addressed by adding a miniature sand box or ball pit near landing of the slide.
What users are actually saying:
After reading more than 40 excellent reviews on line for the Step2 Naturally Playful Treehouse, I decided to order it. I put it together in just 10 minutes and our 13 months old started sliding on it immediately. We are using it inside the house until the weather gets a bit warmer and then we will install it outside. I like that there is a play deck before the kid gets to the slide which can be used as a fort or tree house as well. The slide part disassembles easily for transport.
– review by a mom in Seattle